When it comes to benefits of a skylight, the physiological impact of increased levels of natural daylight into your property can have immediate results. Sunlight helps our bodies produce Vitamin D which helps regulate our moods and energy levels.
Why Must A Roofing Contractor Install Your Skylight?
All the benefits of a skylight won’t matter if it is not professionally installed and maintained by a roofing contractor specializing in skylights.
A Roofing contractor will know how to:
- Install the skylight without compromising the roof, keeping the structural integrity of the roof and building intact.
- Seal the skylight properly, it must be leak-proof during even the heaviest of rains.
- Use the glass specially designed to withstand impact. If the skylight does not have double glazing (the second layer of tempered glass) then it is not up to current code regulations.
- Explain the costs involved to install and maintain the skylight. Skylights need regular wear-and-tear maintenance. A leaking skylight, depending on the severity, can cause major damage to your furniture and floors.
- Meet all the Building Codes relating to windows and doors.
Benefits of a skylight:
- They increase the amount of natural light in a room
- Makes even the smallest room look bigger
- Use less electric lighting and decrease your utility bill
- Selling point for potential buyers
- Light up dark spaces that don’t have windows
- They come in various shapes and sizes
- Artificial light doesn’t compare to the quality of natural light
VELUX awarded gold rating by EcoVadis in 2023 assessment
VELUX A/S has progressed from a bronze to gold medal in the latest assessment by the rating body EcoVadis, which assesses companies’ environmental, social and governance (ESG) management and progress.